Mentoring Workshop Group
Intended as an extension to other groups, on the fourth Wednesday of the month we run a mentoring group where club members bring along their images for discussion, review and possible enhancement.
The group is open to any MEMBER without charge.
- Participants provide up to 6 images which they consider suitable to be of B grade (or near) competition quality.
- All images to be submitted on a USB key at full camera resolution (directly out of camera as a JPEG or RAW image). Images must NOT be reduced in size to suit EDI standards even if the intention is to submit the image as an EDI.
- The photographer should be prepared to state why the picture was taken and what they believe it communicates to other viewers.
The group will cover:
- All images will be projected and the group convener may enhance an image using Photoshop, but only to the extent warranted by the actual image. The enhancements will be demonstrated, but group members are expected to take their own notes. This is not a Photoshop course. Only the tools and effects deemed to be required for the particular image will be demonstrated. Guidelines of composition (not rules) for a POSSIBLE competition entry.
- Camera control based on the image and/or its camera exposure data etc.
- Possible image enhancement using Photoshop CC (2015).
- If time allows, the group may occasionally cover certain short topics that are relevant to creating competition entries.