After a fun and largely successful year teaching Photoshop to our members, Warren is happy to say that the classes will continue in 2012. However there will be a change to the format, it will be tailored toward beginners only. The classes will be held once a month on the fourth Wednesday, with the first meeting on 25 January, 2012.
For this class a Beginner as obviously someone who has never used Photoshop or if you have tried using it and are:
- Overwhelmed by all the tools and functions
- You are not sure when to use one tool over another
- Can’t make proper masks
- Struggle with layers or don’t know what adjustment layers are
- Struggle with topics such as file size, RAW editing
Each month’s lesson will build on what was taught the previous month so hopefully by the end of the year you will have a good grasp of the fundamentals. This has been found to be a better approach than randomly doing topics based on issues people are having at the time.
For this to work:
- Each participant will need their own laptop with Photoshop installed. This is quite important as
students this year that shared or did not have a laptop found it hard to keep up.
It is hoped that by the end of the year participants will:
- feel comfortable using Photoshop
- be able to look at an image and know what techniques to use to make them better
- know how to better evaluate an image
- improve the quality of their EDI and more importantly start producing better prints
Please contact Ian Hansen if you would like to participate.